I’m tempted to copy and paste EvoAnth‘s post (or just reblog it) to make my life easier, but no I might as well do this properly!
I’ve never been completely sure how much worth these awards seem to hold, although I have seen a couple floating around in the blogosphere. Chain blogging isn’t the most attractive of things to do… and I’m sure it doesn’t take a huge amount of work to win one, but people have put effort into sharing, and it’s nice to be recognised by a fellow blogger, so I might as well do the same.
So these are the guidelines:
• Nominate 15 other bloggers
• Inform your nominees
• Share 7 random facts about myself
• Thank the one who nominated you
• Add a picture of the award to this post
Let’s see how well I stick to them. I don’t know if I’m allowed to nominate people that the person who nominated me nominated (lots of nominates…). But I happen to agree with a few of his choices so I might add them if I run out of ideas!
I’ll just quickly add the photo:
Next I would like to thank EvoAnth who, like me, is also a versatile blogger. The recognition is greatly appreciated. And I am also thankful for the posting of my blog URL twice on his award post. If you didn’t mean to do it, you can keep it up there. I don’t mind :).
OK my nominees are:
Two bloggers who have interesting philosophies on how the world works, or should work. Well worth a read:
- Is This Science
- Did You Know That?
- Protein Art – This Blogger makes art that’s inspired by the shapes of different proteins. I think it’s damn cool, but even if it’s not it’s a great way to get to know what proteins look like.
And I’m going to steal two from my nominators nominees:
- Eye on the ICR – Creationist angst, which many will sympathise with, many will disagree with
- Simian rivalry – two bloggers who hold completely different perspectives over science and religion battling it out over wordpress.
There! 15 blogs nominated. Sorry if some of it comes out in a weirdly small font, WordPress is acting up a bit today for me.
Now the 7 random facts:
- I play the piano.
- I was in Turkey when this earthquake hit.
- I have a slight fascination with all things developmental (especially neuro and psycho).
- I have eaten coco pops all my life and still have it almost every day.
- I am a lifetime member of the Beano (despite my parents begging me not to make such a commitment as a child).
- I’ve been reading a series of Sci-Fi fantasy books by Robert Jordan (the wheel of time) since I was 13. It’s over 10,000 pages long and the guy died before finishing it. so 8 years later I’m still waiting for the final book to come out…
- Final random point, and probably the most awesome/scary/crazy thing in my opinion: I’m going to have a son in a few months!